High Fiber Bow Tie Pasta with Tuna, Tomatoes and Olives
- 6 ounces high fiber bow tie pasta (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon anchovy paste
- 1 14 1/2-ounce can seasoned chunky tomatoes
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives,, cut in quarters
- 1/2 cup slivered fresh basil
- 1 6-ounce can solid white tuna packed in water, not drained
Cook pasta in a in large saucepan of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add anchovy paste mix in well with oil. Add tomatoes, Kalamata olives and basil and bring sauce to simmer.
Drain pasta thoroughly. Mix pasta and tuna with its water into sauce. Toss to heat pasta through, breaking up tuna into large pieces with fork, about 3 minutes. Season pasta with salt and pepper and serve immediately.